Genesis 12:2“I will make you into a great nation and I will bless you. I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing.”God’s Covenant with Abraham, passed on Generations, to Jesus, and US!
- Both to RECEIVE a blessing and to GIVE a blessing! – This is how God thinks!
1.Acts 3:1-16 Peter and John bless the cripple man (After Pentecost)
- You Are A Blessing – Called of God to be tools of blessing upon the earth, neutralizing the curse, and declaring the Good News of Christ. Sin brought the Curse…
- Salvationbrought the blessing!
- Blessings come from God and produce GOOD
- Curses come from Satan and produce EVIL.
- Blessing 430X’s in Bible vrs. Curse 160X‘s
- Blessing (n) a: the act or words of a person who blesses. b: approval, encouragement.
- theinvoking of God’s favor upon a person.
- Priestly Blessing
- 6:22-27“The LORD bless thee, and keep thee: The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be
gracious unto thee: The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace. And they
shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them.”
- I Peter 2:9“But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye
should show forth the praises of Him who hath called you out of darkness into His marvelous light.”
3.Our Commission: Mark 16:15, Acts 1:8
- Who are we to Bless? The Lord (“I will bless the Lord at all time”), our children, spouse, friends, ENEMIES!
- Luke 6:28 – “Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you.”
- I Peter 3:9“Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult, but with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing.”
- How do we Bless?
- A Blessing must beSPOKEN
– Prov. 18:21 “Death and life are in the power of the tongue…”
– James 3:10 “Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.” – Power of your Words!
- A Blessing is spoken inFAITH
– Heb. 11:20“By faith Isaac blessed Jacob and Esau concerning things to come.”
– Heb. 11:21 “By faith Jacob, when he was a dying, blessed both the sons of Joseph..” (Grandparents)
- Faith is SPEAKING and ACTING like something has changed before it changes!
- A Blessing requires meaningfulTOUCH
– Mark 10:16 “And He took them up in his arms, put his hands upon them, and blessed them.”
– Mark 16:18 “They shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.”
- A Blessing must be followed byACTION
– James 2:15“Suppose a brother or sister is without clothes and daily food. (16)If one of you says to him, God, I wish you well; keep warm and well fed, but does nothing about his physical needs, what good is it? (17)In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.”