You are a Soldier in God’s Army – organized for a Mission that requires commitment and sacrifice.
- II Timothy 2:3 (NAS) “Suffer hardship with me, as a good soldier of Christ Jesus. (4) No soldier in activeservice entangles himself in the affairs of everyday life, so that he may please the one who enlisted him as a soldier.”
- John 15:16 “Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he may give it you.”
- II Corinthians 10:3 “For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: (4) For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds.”
Postioned by God (geographically)
- II Kings 5:2 – Servant Girl with Naaman, Capt. of Syrian Army.
- Your Family – Your School – Your Work – Your Church
- Acts 17:26 “He made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth… he determined the exact places where they should live.”
Resourced by God (gifts & abilities)
- John 6:9 – Little boy’s lunch.
- House/Car – Gifts/Abilities – Dreams/Visions
Connected by God (relationships)
- Mark 2:5 – Paralytic’s friends.
- Your Occupation – Sports/Hobbies – Divine Appointments
Empowered by God (His Spirit & resources)
- Luke 10:30-35 The Good Samaritan
- Compassion – Desire – Money/Time
Gideon’s 300 – Judges 6:10 “I am the LORD your God; fear not the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell…”
- “The LORD is with you, mighty warrior”
- “Go in the strength you have…”
- Gideon FIRST gives an OFFERING
- God tests the army to find the REMNANT
- II Chronicles 16:9 “For the eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show Himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward Him.”