The Wickedness of Man
- Matthew 24:37 “As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. (38) For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark; (39) and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man.”
- Genesis 6:5 “And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.”
Noah had God’s Favor
- Genesis 6:8 “But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD. (9) This is the account of Noah. Noah was a righteous man, blameless among the people of his time, and he walked with God.”
- Genesis 6:22 “Noah did everything just as God commanded him.”
- Hebrews 11:7 “By faith Noah, when warned about things not yet seen, in holy fear built an ark to save his family. By his faith, he condemned the world and became heir of the righteousness that comes by faith.”Proverbs 8:13 “The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride and arrogance, evil behavior and perverse speech, do I hate.”
Build your Spiritual Ark
- Ephesians 2:10 “For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.”
- Bible is our Blueprint
- Holy Spirit is our Compass
1. Renew Your Mind – away from the world.
- Romans 12:2 “And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect will of God.”
Gr: Metamorphoo – Like the change from caterpillar to butterfly.
- II Corinthians 13:18 “And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into His likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.”
2. Cast Down Imaginations – win the battle in your mind.
- II Corinthians 10:5 “Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ.”
- Proverbs 6:31 “Commit thy works unto the Lord, and thy thoughts shall be established.”
3. Set Your Affections – love God more than the world.
- Colossians 3:1 “If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. (2) Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.”
- I John 2:15 “Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world.”
- Ephesians 4:22 (NIV) “You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; (23) to be made new in the attitude of your minds; (24) and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.”
4. Think on these Things – choose what is good.
- Philippians 4:8 “Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.”
- Proverbs 23:7 “For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he…”
- Titus 2:11 (NIV) “For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men. (12) It teaches us to say “No” to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age.”