BE The Church – Partnership
By Pastor Phil Derstine (8/16/20)
7 Reasons to Go to Church – Prayer, Praise, Proclamation, Power, Partnership, Preparation, Presence
1. Prayer – Isaiah 56:7, II Chronicles 7:14
2. Praise – Psalms 22:3, Psalms 100:4
3. Proclamation – Joshua 1:8, Luke 6:45
4. Power – Acts 1:8
- I Corinthians 3:9 “For we are laborers together with God: ye are God’s husbandry. Ye are God’s building.”
- Friendships of Faith increase the Power of God in our lives – Deuteronomy 32:30
- We are called to belong, not just to believe.
- For the organs of the body to fulfill their purpose, they must be connected to the body – Romans 12:5
- Ephesians 2:19-22 “You are no longer foreigners and aliens but fellow citizens with God’s people and members of God’s household… Being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by His Spirit.”
- Ephesians 4:16 “From Him the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work.”
Acts 2:42-47 “Growing LIFE Together”
- All the believers were together
- Every day they continued to meet together.
- They broke bread in their home, ate together.
- In the temple and house to house…
- The Lord added to the church daily… (salvations)
Partnership – 5 Elements
1. Commitment – To the Cause
2. Vision – Understand the big picture
3. Sacrifice – Willingness to deny yourself
4. Identity – Your position on the Team
5. Giving – “For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.” – Matthew 6:21
Power of Agreement
- Matthew 18:19 “If two of you shall agree on earth as touching anything that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.
- T.E.A.M. (Together Everyone Achieves More) – A group organized to work together for a common goal.
- II Corinthians 6:14 “Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness?”
- Luke 19:1-10 – Jesus reached out to Zacchaeus to bring him salvation.
The Ripple Effect
- “Do unto others” – Luke 6:31
- “If two shall agree” – Matthew 18:19
- “In unity, God commands the blessing” – Psalm 133:1
- “Blessed to be a blessing” – Genesis 12:2
- “Give and you shall receive” – Luke 6:38
- Philippians 2:3-4 “Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others.”
- Hebrews 10:23-25 “Let us hold fast to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another — and all the more as you see the Day approaching.”