BE The Church – Praise
By Pastor Phil Derstine (7/26/20)
Time for the Church to Rise Up!
- Psalm 150:1 “Let everything that hath breath praise the LORD. Praise ye the LORD.”
7 Reasons to Go to Church – Prayer, Praise, Proclamation, Power, Partnership, Preparation, Presence
- Isaiah 56:7 “…for my house shall be called a house of prayer for all people.”
- II Chronicles 7:14 “If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
- Psalms 22:3 “But thou art holy, O thou that inhabits the praises of Israel.”
- Psalms 100:4 “Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him and bless his name.”
1) An act of my will (soul & body).
2) It is vocal.
3) An external (public) show of appreciation or admiration.
4) Can be learned, can be taught (ways, methods, words)
5) Is essential for relationship with God.
We are Created to Praise
- I Peter 2:9 “But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should show forth the praises of Him who has called you out of darkness into His marvelous light.”
- Hebrews 13:15 “By Him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lipsgiving thanks to His name.”
1) An act of God’s will (Spirit).
2) A response to relationship with God.
3) The result of a deeper commitment and closer fellowship with God.
4) It is entering into God’s presence – There we find power and miracles.
5) Commanded to worship God only.
Praise & Worship
- John 4:23 “But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship Him. God is a Spirit: and they that worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in truth.”
- Psalms 34:1 “I will bless the lord at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth.”