BE The Church – Proclamation
By Pastor Phil Derstine (8/2/20)
Time for the Church to Rise Up!
- Hebrew Year 5780 – Hebrew letter Pey (80), meaning “mouth,” declaration.
- Jeremiah 1:9 “And the LORD said unto me, Behold, I have put my words in thy mouth.”
7 Reasons to Go to Church– Prayer, Praise, Proclamation, Power, Partnership, Preparation, Presence
- Prayer – Isaiah 56:7, II Chronicles 7:14
- Praise – Psalms 22:3, Psalms 100:4
- Joshua 1:8 “This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.”
- Joshua 6:10 “But Joshua had commanded the people, Do not give a war cry, do not raise your voices, do not say a word until the day I tell you to shout. Then shout!”
Spiritual Minded or Carnally Minded
- Romans 8:5 “For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit. (6) For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.”
- Luke 6:45 “A good man out the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks.”
- Romans 8:16 “The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we ARE the children of God.”
- II Corinthians 5:17 “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.”
- Romans 14:17 “For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.”
The Inward man
- Romans 7:22 “For I delight in the law of God according to the inward man.”
- II Corinthians 4:16 “Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day.”
- Ephesians 3:16 “That He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man.”
Speak the Word of God
- Ezekiel 37:3 (NIV) “He asked me, ‘Son of man, can these bones live?’ I said, ‘O Sovereign Lord, you alone know.’ (4) Then He said to me, ‘Prophesy to these bones and say to them, Dry bones, hear the word of the LORD!
- Mark 11:23 “Whosoever SHALL SAY unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever HE SAITH.”
- Exodus 14:15 “And the LORD said unto Moses, Wherefore criest thou unto me? Speak to the children of Israel, that they go forward. (16) But lift up thy rod… divide the sea!”
- Our voice is our rod today – God wants us to hear ourselves proclaim out loud!