BE The Church
By Pastor Phil Derstine (7/19/20)
Time for the Church to Rise Up!
- Psalm 86:11 “Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name.”
- Daniel 11:32 “…The People that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits.”
- I Corinthians 3:16 “Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?”
7 Reasons to Go to Church – Prayer, Praise, Proclamation, Power, Partnership, Preparation, Presence
- Isaiah 56:7 “…for my house shall be called a house of prayer for all people.”
- II Chronicles 7:14 “If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.”
Salt & Light
- Matthew 5:13 “You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled by men. (14) You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. (15) Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. (16) In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.”
- Our Goal: To influence the World rather than be influenced by it.
Arise & Shine
- Isaiah 60:1-3 “ARISE, SHINE: for thy light is come, and glory of the Lord is risen upon thee. For behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the LORD shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee. Nations will come to your light, and kings to the brightness of your rising.”
- Tu Encuentro Con DIOS Honduras – “Live Stream” Evangelism Service covering all of Honduras, C.A.
- Daniel 3 – Three Hebrew Boys in the Fiery Furnace
- Daniel 6 – Daniel in the Lion’s Den
Everything is Being Shaken
- Hebrews 12:26 “Once more I will shake not only the earth but also the heavens. (27) The words “once more” indicate the removing of what can be shaken — that is created things — so that what cannot be shaken may remain.”
- I Peter 4:7 (NIV) “The end of all things is near. Therefore, be alert and of sober mind so that you may pray.”
- Hebrews 10:23 “Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;). (24) And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works: (25) Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the Day approaching.”