A day of remembrance for those who died in our nation’s service.
- The most defining trait of a hero is SACRIFICE
- Romans 12:1 “Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God – this is your true and proper worship.”
- A man of distinguished courage or ability admired for his brave deeds and noble qualities
- A person who, in the opinion of others, has heroic qualities or has performed a heroic act and is regarded as a model or ideal.
- I John 4:4 “You are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is He that is in you, than he that is in the world.”
- HERO status comes from a deciding moment in time, a place, an action…. an exercise of FAITH
Postioned by God – Geographically, God puts you in the right place at the right time.
- II Kings 5:2 – Servant Girl with Naaman – Commander of the Army of the King of Syria.
- Your Family – Your School – Your Work – Your Church
- Acts 17:26 “He made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth… he determined the exact places where they should live.”
Resourced by God – He gives you gifts & abilities – something you already have in your hand.
- John 6:9 – Little Boy’s Lunch
- Your House/Car – Gifts/Abilities – Dreams/Visions
Connected by God – Relationships – people in your realm of influence.
- Mark 2:5 – Paralytic’s Friends
- Your Occupation – Sports/Hobbies – Divine Appointments
Empowered by God – To persevere beyond your own feelings, fears, or desires.
- Luke 10:30-35 – The Good Samaritan
- Your Money/Time – Compassion – Desire
James 4:8 “Draw nigh to God and He will draw nigh to you…”
- A Hero is someone who has given his life to something bigger than himself
- John 15:13 “Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.”
- Jesus laid down His life for you – Be a living sacrifice for Him today.