Symbols of Easter – Celebration of the resurrection of Jesus Christ
- Egg – symbol of Jesus breaking out of the tomb, Egg hunting – Our need to seek Him!
- Bunnies – symbol of new life in the Spring, fertility, fruitfulness.
- Bonnet – Traditional wearing of NEW clothes, new beginnings.
- Lily – God created flower that blooms at Easter, color of purity of Jesus.
- Empty Tomb – Christ is Risen!
- Lamb – Jesus, the sacrifice lamb of God, takes away sin of world.
3 Mysteries of Easter – Important to understand
Passover Lamb – A symbol of Jesus
- John 1:29 “The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!”
- Exodus 12:13 “The blood will be a sign for you on the houses where you are; and when I see the blood, I will pass over you. No destructive plague will touch you when I strike Egypt
- I Corinthians 5:7 “Get rid of the old yeast, so that you may be a new unleavened batch – as you really are. For Christ, our Passover lamb, has been sacrificed.”
- Matzah – unleavened bread of Passover, the afikoman commemorates Jesus, our Passover lamb.
- Ephesians 3:6 “This mystery is that through the gospel the Gentiles are heirs together with Israel, members together of one body, and sharers together in the promise in Christ Jesus.”
The Resurrection – The only prophet with this claim, seen by 500+ people, historical fact
- I Corinthians 15:17 “If Christ be not raised, your faith is futile; ye are yet in your sins. (57) But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.”
- Romans 5:12 “Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all people, because all sinned — (15) How much more did God’s grace and the gift that came by the grace of the one man, Jesus Christ, overflow to the many!”
Christ In YOU – The God of the universe wants to live in YOU.
- Colossians 1:26 “The mystery that has been kept hidden for ages and generations, but is now disclosed to the Lord’s people. (27) To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.”
- Romans 8:11 “If the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies because of his Spirit who lives in you.”
- John 11:25 “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; (26) and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?”