God is Limitless
- Ephesians 3:20 (MSG) “God can do anything, you know – far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams! He does it not by pushing us around but by working within us, His Spirit, deeply and gently within us.”
- Drip Technology – DISCOVER – RELATE – INSPIRE – PROVE
- INSPIRE (3rd step) – Inspire your Life through the power of the Holy Spirit – one drip at a time
- Inspiration: A divine influence on a person, believed to qualify him to receive & communicate sacred revelation.
- Psalm 78:41 “Yea, they turned back and tempted God, and limited the Holy One of Israel.”
3 Ways We Limit God
1. Familiarity – Having an earthly, casual, attitude towards the almighty, sovereign God.
- Mark 6:4 “A prophet is not without honor, but in his own country, and among his own kin, and in his own house.”
- He could not do any miracles there
- Familiarity breeds contempt – Close association with someone can lead to a loss of respect for them.
- Luke 7:36-50 “You gave me no water for My feet… No kiss of greeting… No oil for My head.”
2. Fear of Man – More concern about what PEOPLE think than about what GOD thinks.
- Proverbs 29:25 “The fear of man bringeth a snare: but whoso putteth his trust in the LORD shall be safe.”
- (NLT) “Fearing people is a dangerous trap, but trusting the LORD means safety.”
- (Message) “The fear of human opinion disables; trusting in God protects you from that.”
- John 12:43 (The Pharisees) “They loved the praise of men more than the praise of God.”
- Need for the approval of others
- Fear of being criticized or rejected
- Need for admiration or attractiveness
- Getting over-committed – you can’t say “no”
- Life revolves around what other’s think
- Unwilling to be honest about your faults
- Unwilling to confess sin and be accountable
- Tell white lies to make yourself look better
- The constant desire for “praise of men”
- The idol of “people pleasing” owns you
- Defining yourself through the eyes of others
- Proverbs 9:10 “The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom, and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.”
- Hebrews 13:6 “The Lord is my helper; and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.”
3. Faithlessness – Unbelief
- Mark 6:6 “He was amazed at their lack of faith.”
- Mark 9:23 “Everything is possible for him who believes.”
- Mark 11:22 “Have faith in God.”
- You can Magnify THE LORD and make Him and His Word bigger than any Problem!