Encounter Culture – Engaging the world with our Faith
- D.R.I.P. Technology: Discover – Relate – Inspire – Prove
- Tim Tebow – Outstanding football player with outspoken faith – www.Tebowing.com
- Bob Costa – “The whole Tebow persona is derived by how he sees the world and his place in it.”
- Encounter – to engage people in the world, face-to-face, with your faith.
- Culture – the atmosphere that is created by what you believe, say, and do; your testimony.
- God Encounter Culture – engaging people with the presence of God through Divine Appointments..
ACTS 16:16-34 – Encounter Culture in Action (Paul & Silas)
1. Live a Lifestyle of Prayer – Encounter Culture requires a lifestyle of prayer – talking and listening to God.
- v.16 “And it came to pass, as we went to prayer…”
- v.9 “During the night Paul had a vision of a man of Macedonia standing and begging him, Come over to Macedonia and help us.”
- Psalm 37:23 “The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD…” Divine Appointments
2. Recognize the Spiritual Battle – battle between light & darkness.
- v.17 “These men are the servants of the most high God, which show unto us the way of salvation.”
- James 2:19 “… the devils also believe, and tremble.”
3. Accept Persecution – God is still with you, God still has a plan.
- v.23 “After they had been severely flogged, they were thrown into prison…”
- Matthew 5:11 (NIV) “Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. (12) Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.”
4. Keep Praying & Singing – exercise FAITH right through the midnight hour.
- v.25 “About midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the other prisoners were listening to them.”
5. Expect a Miracle! – The “suddenly” of God!
- v.26 “Suddenly there was such a violent earthquake that the foundations of the prison were shaken. At once all the prison doors flew open and everybody’s chains came loose.”
- Romans 8:28 “And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose.”
6. Bring Salvation – Salvation is a matter of LIFE & DEATH… it’s URGENT (don’t wait).
- 30 “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?”
- John 20:21 “As the Father has sent Me, I am sending you. (23) If you forgive anyone sins, they are forgiven”
- 33 “…then immediately he and all his family were baptized.”
- 34 “The jailor… was filled with joy because he had come to believe in God — he and his whole family.”