Story of 10 Lepers – Luke 17:11-19
- Luke 17:17 “Jesus asked, ‘Were not all ten cleansed? Where are the other nine?”
- Luke 17:19 “Thy faith hath made thee whole.”
- Gr: Sozo – healed and saved
- One leper added something to his faith
- Most of us are guilty of taking our blessings for granted
- ILLUS: If the population of earth was represented by one town of 1,000 people, in this town there would be only 60 Americans. And yet we 60 Americans would receive half the income of the entire town. We would own 15 times as much per person as all our neighbors. We would eat 72% more than the maximum food requirement. Many of the 940 people would go to bed hungry.
- We need an attitude of gratitude
7 Things to Add to our Faith
- II Peter 1:3 “His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of Him who called us by His own glory and goodness. (4) Through these He has given us His very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature and escape the corruption in the world caused by evil desires. (5) For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith, goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; (6) and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; (7) and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love.
- II Peter 1:8 “For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.”
- By passing the Tests
- Through Overcoming Temptation
- Through Experience in the Storm
- II Peter 1:9 “But if anyone does not have them, he is nearsighted and blind, and has forgotten that he has been cleansed from his past sins. (10) Therefore, my brothers, be all the more eager to make your calling and election sure. For if you do these things, you will never fall, (11) And you will receive a rich welcome into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.”
Thanksgiving is an Act of Faith
- It requires you to SAY something, DO something, ACT on what you believe
- I Thessalonians 5:18 “In everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.”
- In the midst of everything…
- Done in ADVANCE of the answer!
- II Corinthians 1:20 (NIV) “For no matter how many promises God has made, they are “Yes” in Christ. And so through Him the “Amen” is spoken by us to the glory of God.”
- The “Amen” is the “Thank you”