For this reason I bow my knees to the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, from whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named…” Eph 3:14
What is a Family?
- A family is the building block of society “A fundamental social group in society typically consisting of one or two parents and their children.” “That your days and the days of your children may be multiplied in the land of which the Lord swore to your fathers to give them like the days of the heavens above the earth.” Deut 11:21
Origin of the Family:
“And the Lord God said, “It is not good that man should be alone; I will make him a helper comparable to him.” Gen 2:18
“Then God blessed them, and God said to them, Be fruitful and multiply; fill the earth and subdue it; have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air and over every living thing that moves on the earth.” Gen 1:28
- Be fruitful
- Fill the earth
- Have dominion
Beautiful Family Picture- Psa 128
“You shall be happy and it shall be well with you your wife shall be a fruitful wine in the very heart of your house, your children like olive plants al around your table.” Pas 128: 3b, 4
Beautiful Family Culture
- Family itself is a “we” experience, a “we” mentality, the movement from “me” to “we”-from independence to interdependence.
- Successful families don’t just happen. It takes every bit of combined energy, talent, desire, vision, and determination you can muster.
“As important as your obligations as a doctor, lawyer, or business leader will be, you are a human being first and those human connections -with spouses, with children, with friends- are the most important investments you will ever make.” Laura Bush
Fundamental principles that govern human interactions
- Trust “The heart of her husband safely trusts her.” Pro 31:11
- Understand the individual “In the same way, you husbands give honour to your wives. Treat her with understanding as you live together.” 1 Pet 3:7a
- Say sorry when you make withdrawals
- Appreciate generously
“Her children rise up and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her. Many daughters have done well, but you excel them all.” Pro 31:28,29