Real Freedom – Inside & Out
- John 8:32 “You shall know the Truth, and the Truth shall make you free. (36) So, if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.”
- Our Mission: Share the Good News of the Gospel of Jesus Christ – sins forgiven, empowered for freedom.
- Praise in the Park – Taking the Presence of God and true message of Freedom!
- II Corinthians 3:17 “Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.”
Our Declaration of Independence
- July 4, 1776 “We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.”
Life – Quality Living
- An inner and external quality
- John 10:10 “The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.”
- John 6:63 (MSG) “The Spirit can make life. Sheer muscle and willpower don’t make anything happen. Every word I’ve spoken to you is a Spirit-word, and so it is life-making.”
Liberty – Freedom from Bondage
- Isaiah 61:1 “The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; He hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound.”
- Galatians 5:1 “Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.”
- Isaiah 9:10 “The bricks are fallen down, but we will build with hewn stones; the sycamores are cut down, but we will change them into cedars.”
- Freedom Tower – The Freedom Stone – Tree of Hope
Pursuit of Happiness – Opportunity for Improvement
- Pursuit = Seeking
- Matthew 6:33 “But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.”
- The Happiness Trap – Correcting the Source of your Happiness
- Money can buy…
- A nice bed – but not a good night’s sleep.
- A large house – but not make it a home.
- The best education – but can’t make you wise.
- The best doctors – but not good health.
- Big parties – but not good friends.
- Extravagant vacations – but not peace in your heart.
- Psalm 144:15 “Happy is that people, whose God is the LORD.”
- Proverbs 16:20 “Whoso trusteth in the LORD, happy is he.”
- I Peter 3:14 “But and if ye suffer for righteousness sake, happy are ye.”
- Psalm 1:1 “Blessed (happy) is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers. (2) But his delight is in the law of the LORD, and on his law he meditates day and night.”
- II Corinthians 3:18 “But we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.”