Devil works hard to make God’s people spiritually numb, spiritually desensitized.
D.R.I.P. Acronym – 4 words that reflect the culture of our church and process of growing our Faith
- DISCOVER – RELATE – INSPIRE – PROVE – is Progressive, Continuous
- INSPIRE – your Life in the Holy Spirit (Discipleship)
- John 4:24 “God is a Spirit: and they that worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in“
- Inspiration: A divine influence on a person, believed to qualify him to receive & communicate sacred revelation.
- I Corinthians 2:14 “But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.”
Story of Four Lepers
- II Kings 7:3 “Now there were four men with leprosy at the entrance of the city gate. They said to each other, Why sit we here until we die? (4) If we say, We’ll go into the city – the famine is there, and we will die. If we stay here, we will die . So let’s go over to the camp of the Syrians and surrender. If they spare us, we live; if they kill us, then we die.”
- Leprosy – an Infectious skin disease, creates nerve deadness, inability to feel, leads to damage to ears, lips, fingers, and toes.
- Spiritual Leprosy: Inability to hear, speak, serve, go
- “The Lord caused the Syrians to hear the noise of chariots, horses, and a great army…”
- “We’re not doing right. This is a day of good news and we’re keeping it to ourselves.”
Naaman the Leper
- II Kings 5:1 “Now Naaman was commander of the king of Syria. He was a great man in the sight of his master and highly regarded, because through him the LORD had given victory to Syria. He was a valiant soldier, but he had leprosy.”
- “Go wash yourself seven times in the Jordan and you will be cleansed.”
- Naaman got angry, made excuses, asked bad questions, had an old mindset.
- He couldn’t receive from God’s messenger.
The Cure – Holy Spirit Inspiration
- Hear the word of the Lord
- Move forward in Faith
- Refocus your life for others
- Do what God tells you to do
Old Testament treatment for Leprosy
- Leviticus 14:17 “The priest is to put some of the oil remaining in his palm on the lobe of the right ear of the one to be cleansed, on the thumb of his right hand and on the big toe of his right foot, on top of the blood of the guilt offering. (18) The rest of the oil in his palm the pries shall put on the head of the one to be cleansed and make atonement for him before the LORD.”
- Anointing oil – a type and shadow of the Holy Spirit
- Philippians 3:13 “Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, (14) I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.”