I. The Kingdom of God – knowing Jesus as KING, not a baby in the manger.
- Heaven’s influence on earth
- The Community of God on Earth
- God’s culture, language, lifestyle, values, and morals… on Earth
- Wherever Heaven’s Influence takes Dominion over the Earth
Luke 17:20 “The kingdom of God cometh not with observation; (21) Neither shall they say, Lo here! Or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.”
II Corinthians 5:21 “God made him (Jesus) who had no sin to be sin for us so that in Him we might become the righteousness of God.”
John 1:12 “But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name.”
Matthew 6:9-13 (The Lord’s Prayer) “Thy Kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
II. We are Children of the King – We have to learn to think like a child of God!
Luke 12:32 “Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father’s good pleasure to give you the kingdom”
Luke 15:11 – “A certain man had two sons”
- Lost son (v.17) – “When he came to his senses”
- The Robe – Mantle, anointing
- The Ring – Authority, marriage covenant restored
- The Shoes – Sonship, assignment
- Elder son angry (v.28) – ownership mentality (holding offense, bitterness, anger, unforgiveness)
- Father (v.31) – “Everything I have is yours”
- Ownership vrs. Access?
- Sin consciousness vrs. Son consciousness?
III. Kingdom Mentality – Pursues the Presence of God
James 4:8 “Draw near to God, and He will draw near to you.”
- Atmosphere (For God’s Presence) – Order (Correction) – Excellence (Fruitfulness, Miracles!)
- Acts 16:25 – In prison, Paul & Silas began to pray and sing!
- Acts 9:40 – Peter sent the mourners out of the room (Tabitha raised)
- Jonah 2:1 – Jonah prayed and God spoke to the fish
Philippians 4:6 (NLT) “Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all He has done. (7) If you do this, you will experience God’s peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.”