Born of the Spirit
- John 3:3 “Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the Kingdom of God. (5) Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the Kingdom of God. (6) That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.”
- John 14:16 “And I will pray the Father, and He shall give you another Comforter, that He may abide with you forever; (17) Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth Him not, neither knoweth Him; but ye know Him, for He dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.”
- John 16:7 “It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send Him unto you.”
- Acts 1:4 (NIV) “On one occasion, while He was eating with them, He gave them this command: Do not leave Jerusalem, but wait for the gift my Father promised, which you have heard me speak about. (5) For John baptized with water, but in a few days you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit.”
Romans 8 – FIVE terms that define who we are as born-again, Spirit-filled believers
- Romans 8:1 “There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.”
- Psalm 103:3 “Who forgiveth all thine iniquities… (12) As far as the east is from the west, so hath he removed our transgressions from us.”
- We have an inner-assurance of Salvation!
- We can live free of guilt!
Spiritually Minded (not carnally minded)
- Romans 8:6 “For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.”
- Philippians 2:5 “Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus.”
- We have the mind of Christ!!
Spirit of Adoption
- Romans 8:15 “For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.”
- We have a personal relationship with God!
- Parable of the Lost Son (Luke 15:11-31)
Manifestation of Sons
- Romans 8:19 “For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.”
(NIV) “The creation waits in eager expectation for the sons of God to be revealed.”
- The world is eagerly wanting to meet us!
- Romans 8:26 “Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.”
- I Corinthians 14:15 “I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also.”
- We have the Spirit of God praying through us!