Acrostic: MARRIAGE is about…
Money Matters – see money as a result, not a goal.
- I Timothy 6:10 (NIV) “For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.”
- Matthew 25:21 – Parable of the Talents (Not about amount of money, but about stewardship)
Arrangement of Time – manage your time with good priorities.
- Ephesians 5:15-16 “See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise. Redeeming the time, because the days are evil.”
- Luke 10:42 “One thing is needful: Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her.”
Resolution of Conflicts – resolve conflict on a daily basis.
- Ephesians 4:26 “Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath.”
- I Peter 3:7 “Husbands, be considerate as you live with your wives, and treat them with respect as the weaker partner and as heirs with you of the gracious gift of life, so that nothing will hinder your prayers.”
Resisting Temptation – win the battle before it starts.
- I Corinthians 10:13 “There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.”
- Genesis 4:7 (N IV) “If you do what is right, will you not be accepted? But if you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you, but you must master it.”
Intimacy Initiatives – you have to make the first move for more intimacy.
- I Corinthians 7:5 “Do not deprive each other except by mutual consent and for a time, so that you may devote yourselves to prayer. Then come together again so that Satan will not tempt you because of your lack of self-control.”
- James 4:8 “Draw close to God, and He will draw close to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, you double minded.”
Annul the Past – obliterate, make ineffective, inoperative, neutralize… the past.
- Isaiah 43:18-19 “Remember ye not the former things, neither consider the things of old. Behold, I will do a new thing: now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert.”
- II Corinthians 5:17 (NIV) “If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!”
God First in Everything – PRAY before food, work, bed, decisions…
- Matthew 6:33 “But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you.”
- Proverbs 3:9 (NIV) “Honor the LORD with your wealth, with the firstfruits of all your crops; (10) then your barns will be filled to overflowing, and your vats will brim over with new wine.”
Enjoy Life – the Joy of the Lord is your strength.
- John 10:10 “The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life,and that they might have it more abundantly.”
- Psalm 133:1,3 “Behold how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity… for there the LORD commanded the blessing, even life forevermore.”
Matthew 18:20 “For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.”
- Gr: sunago – to come together, in union with, companionship, possession, completeness.
(The closer you get to God, automatically, the closer you get to one another)