OFF ROAD: Away from a smooth road; on rough terrain. – Get off the man-made asphalt road of predictability and conformity and discover the unique adventure the God has for your life!
- kick-start: to start (a motorcycle) by pushing down on a lever with your foot
: to cause (something) to start quickly
: to give new energy to (something)
- Ephesians 2:8 “For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God.” What is Faith?
- Hebrews 11:1 “Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.”
- Faith put’s substance to your hope
- Romans 10:17 “So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.”
- Faith = Hope + God’s Word
The Action of Faith – Hebrews 11
- (v.7) By faith Noah in holy fear built an ark.
- (v.8) By faith Abraham obeyed and went.
- (v.23) By faith Moses’ parents hid him for three months, unafraid of the kings edit.
- (v.24) By faith Moses chose the plan of God over the treasures of Egypt…
- (v.29) By faith the people passed through the Red Sea on dry land…
- Faith SEES, SPEAKS, ACTS
- James 2:17 “Faith without works is dead” (Works = acts, action, obedience)
Get Up! – Healing at Pool of Bethesda
- John 5:5 “One who was there had been an invalid for thirty-eight years. (8) Then Jesus said to him, Get up! Pick up your mat and walk.”
So Let’s Go! – Story of 4 Lepers
- II Kings 7:3 “Now there were four men with leprosy at the entrance of the city gate. They said to each other, Why sit we here until we die? (4) If we say, We’ll go into the city – the famine is there, and we will die. If we stay here, we will die. So let’s go over to the camp of the Syrians and surrender. If they spare us, we live; if they kill us, then we die.”
- Hear the Word of the Lord
- Move forward in Faith
- Refocus your life for others
- Do what God tells you to do
Get All In!
- II Corinthians 13:5 “Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith, test yourselves. Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you – unless, of course, you fail the test?”
Speak to the Bones!
- Ezekiel 37:3 (NIV) “He asked me, ‘Son of man, can these bones live?’ I said, ‘O Sovereign Lord, you alone know.’ (4) Then He said to me, ‘Prophesy to these bones and say to them, Dry bones, hear the word of the LORD!
- II Peter 3:9 (NIV) “The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.”