OFF ROAD (def.) – Away from a smooth road; on rough terrain – Get off the man-made asphalt road of predictability and conformity and discover the unique adventure that God has for your life.
Shifting Gears: Changing Your Season – Are you in a rut?
- Genesis 8:22 “As long as the earth endures, seedtime and harvest, cold and heat, summer and winter, day and night will never cease.”
- Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 “There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven…”
4 Biblical Ways to Change Your Season
1. Godly Meditation
- Psalm 1:1-3 “Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD, and in His law doth he meditate day and night. And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season, his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.”
- The Works of God (PAST) – Psalm 143:5 “I remember the days of old; I meditate on all thy works; I muse on the work of thy hands.”
- The Ways of God (PRESENT) – Psalm 119:15 “I will meditate in they precepts, and have respect unto thy ways.”
- The Promises of God (FUTURE) – Psalm 119:148 “My eyes stay open through the watches of the night, that I may meditate on your promises.”
2. Doing Good to Others
- Galatians 6:9-10 “And let us not be weary in well doing; for in due season (Gr: Kairos) we shall reap, if we faint not. As we have therefore opportunity, (Gr: Kairos) let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.”
- Kairos = God’s Time, the right time
- Due Season (Kairos) can come at any opportunity (Kairos) to do good!
- Colossians 4:5 “Be wise in the way you act toward outsider; make the most of every opportunity.”
- Ephesians 5:16 “Make the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil.”
3. Persistent Worship
- Matthew 15:22-28 The Canaanite Woman
- v23 “But He answered her not a word.”
- v25 “Then came she and worshipped Him, saying, Lord, help me.”
- v28 “Then Jesus answered and said unto her, O woman, great is thy faith: be it unto thee even as thou wilt.”
4. Deliberate Obedience
- John 2:1-10 Wedding Feast Miracle
- v4 “Jesus saith unto her, Woman, what have I to do with thee? Mine hour is not yet come.”
- v5 “His mother saith unto the servants, Whatsoever He saith unto you, do it.”
- v7 “Jesus saith unto them, Fill the water pots with water.”
Nothing Is Permanent – Except God
- Hebrews 13:8 “Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.”
- There will be an end to every crisis.
- Seasons are His way of guaranteeing improvement.
- Exercise faith by planning for the future season.