Genesis 12:2 “I will make you into a great nation and I will bless you. I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing.”
- God’s Covenant with Abraham, passed on for Generations, to Jesus, and US!
- Both to RECEIVE a blessing and to GIVE a blessing!
1. People of Blessing – Called of God to neutralize the curse that is on earth.
- Sin brought the Curse… Salvation brings the blessing!
- Blessings come from God and produce GOOD
- Curses come from devil and produce EVIL
- Blessing 430 times in Bible vrs. Curse 160 times
2. Priestly Blessing
- Numbers 6:22-27 “The LORD bless thee, and keep thee: The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee: The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace. And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them.”
- I Peter 2:9 “But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should show forth the praises of Him who hath called you out of darkness into His marvelous light.”
3. Our Mission: Mark 16:15, Acts 1:8
- Who are we to Bless? The Lord, our children, spouse, friends, even our ENEMIES!
- Luke 6:28 “Bless them that curse you and pray for them which despitefully use you.”
- I Peter 3:9 “Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult, but with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing.”
- Colossians 4:5 “Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil.”
- How do we Bless?
1. A Blessing must be SPOKEN
– Proverbs 18:21 “Death and life are in the power of the tongue…”
– James 3:10 “Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.”
2. A Blessing is spoken in FAITH
– Hebrews 11:20 “By faith Isaac blessed Jacob and Esau concerning things to come. (21) By faith Jacob, when he was a dying, blessed both the sons of Joseph..”
- Faith is SPEAKING and ACTING like something has changed before it changes!
3. A Blessing requires meaningful TOUCH
– Mark 10:16 “And He took them up in his arms, put his hands upon them, and blessed them.”
– Mark 16:18 “They shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.”
4. A Blessing must be followed by ACTION
– James 2:17 “Faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.”
- Five Ways to Bless Others (B-L-E-S-S Acronym)
B – Body (health, strength, protection)
L – Labor (job, business, income)
E – Emotional (joy, peace, hope)
S – Social (home, marriage, family, friends)
S – Spiritual (salvation, faith, more grace)