The Lord is my Banner
By Pastor Phil Derstine (6/14/20)
Exodus 17:8-16 – The Amalekites Defeated
- Exodus 17:11 “As long as Moses held up his hands, the Israelites were winning, but whenever he lowered his hands, the Amalekites were winning.”
- Amalek – Grandson of Esau (Jacob & Esau Story)
- Genesis 25:23 “Two nations are in your womb, and two peoples from within you will be separated; one people will be stronger than the other, and the older will serve the younger.”
- Spirit of Amalek attacks your God calling, purpose, destiny, and inheritance.
- Ephesians 6:12 “For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Defeating the Spirit of Amalek
- Raise your Hands in Praise & Worship
- Raised Hands – the universal sign of surrender
- Matthew 16:24 “Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. (25) For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it. (26) For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?
- James 4:7 “Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.”
- Romans 13:1 “Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God.”
- II Chronicles 20:22 “And when they began to sing and to praise, the Lord set ambushments against the children of Ammon, Moab, and mount Seir, which were come against Judah; and they were smitten.”
- Acts 16:25 – Paul & Silas were praying and singing hymns, and God delivered them from prison.
- Jonah 2:9 – Jonah sacrificed with the song of thanksgiving, and God delivered him from the fish.
- Surround Yourself with Friends of Faith
- Ecclesiastes 4:12 “Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.”
- Matthew 18:20 “For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.”
- Hebrews 10:25 “Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is…”
- Build an Altar of Declaration unto the Lord
- Exodus 17:15 “Moses built an altar and called it The LORD is my Banner. (16) He said, For hands were lifted up to the throne of the LORD. The LORD will be at war against the Amalekites from generation to generation.”
- Jehovah Nissi (Hebrew) – The Lord is my Banner
- Psalm 91:9 “If you make the Lord Most High your dwelling… (10) Then no harm will befall you, no plague will come near your dwelling. (11) For he shall give his angels charge over you, to keep you in all your ways.”
- Song: “I’m gonna see a Victory, for the battle belongs to You, Lord!”