Joshua 3 – God has a Promised Land for all of His children, but we need to learn how to POSSESS it!
- Wilderness: God deals with His people – God did work FOR them – God’s spotlight is ON me.
- Promise Land: God deals with the enemy – God did work THRU them – God’s spotlight shines THRU me.
8 Keys to crossing the Jordan and possessing your Promised Land
1. You POSSESS what you CONFESS – Joshua 2:24
- From Grasshopper Mentality (Numbers 13:33) to Victory Mentality!
- Ezekiel 37:4 “PROPHESY to the bones…”
- I Samuel 30:6 “David encouraged HIMSELF in the LORD…”
- Don’t get comfortable in the wilderness! Pass the tests and reach your potential.
2. GOD’S TIME is the RIGHT TIME! – Joshua 3:2
- II Peter 3:9 “The Lord is not slow in keeping His promise… He is patient with you…”
- Hebrews 10:36 “For ye have need of patience, that after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.”
3. Understand DIVINE AUTHORITY – Joshua 3:3
- The officers commanded the people…
- Luke 7:8 (Centurion) “For I also am a man set under authority…”
- II Corinthians 1:20 “For no matter how many promises God has made, they are “Yes” in Christ. And so through Him the “Amen” is spoken by us to the glory of God.”
4. Eyes on JESUS not on GIANTS! – Joshua 3:4
- The Ark represents the Presence of God (Jesus)
- Proverbs 14:12 “There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death.”
- Galatians 5:16 “This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.”
- Matthew 14:30 – Peter began to sink when he took his eyes off of Jesus!
5. The REWARDS follow the REQUIREMENTS – Joshua 3:5
- Sanctify, consecrate yourselves (repentance, holiness)
- James 4:8 “Purify your hearts, ye double minded.”
- John 17:19 (Jesus) “I sanctify myself…”
- Wilderness experiences alone don’t purify… You must make the decision to change!
6. Stand STILL until God says MOVE – Joshua 3:8
- Go stand in the river (take a stand!)
- Ephesians 6:13 “Wherefore take unto you the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.”
- Romans 8:25 “But if we have hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently.”
7. Take the first step by FAITH – Joshua 3:15
- The Jordan is at flood stage (crisis) all during Harvest! (Yet the Miracle came!)
- James 2:17 “Faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.”
- Matthew 14:29 “Come,” He said. Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water & came toward Jesus.”
9. There’s a MIRACLE in the MIDDLE – Joshua 3:17
- Jesus shows up in the middle of the problem!
- Daniel 3:25 “… in the midst of the fire…”
- Mark 6:47 “… the boat was in the middle of the lake…” (Jesus walked on the water, climbed in their boat)
- Acts 16:25 “About midnight, (middle of night) Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God…”