Joshua 3 – God has a Promised Land for all of His children, but we need to learn how to POSSESS it!
Wilderness: God deals with His people – God did work FOR them – God’s spotlight is ON me.
- Promise Land: God deals with the enemy – God did work THRU them – God’s spotlight shines THRU me.
8 Keys to crossing the Jordan and possessing your Promised Land
You POSSESS what you CONFESS – Joshua 2:24
- Ezekiel 37:4 “PROPHESY to the bones…”
- I Sam. 30:6 “David encouraged HIMSELF in the LORD…”
- Don’t get comfortable in the wilderness!
GOD’S TIME is the RIGHT TIME! – Joshua 3:2
- II Peter 3:9 “The Lord is not slow in keeping His promise… He is patient with you…”
- Heb. 10:36 “For ye have need of patience, that after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.”
Understand DIVINE AUTHORITY – Joshua 3:3
- Luke 7:8 “For I also am a man set under authority…”
- II Cor. 1:20 “For no matter how many promises God has made, they are “Yes” in Christ. And so through Him the “Amen” is spoken by us to the glory of God.”
Eyes on JESUS not on GIANTS! – Joshua 3:4
- Prov. 14:12 “There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death.”
- Gal 5:16 “This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.”
- Matthew 14:30 Peter began to sink when he took his eyes off of Jesus!
The REWARDS follow the REQUIREMENTS – Joshua 3:5
- James 4:8 “Purify your hearts, ye double minded.”
- John 17:19 (Jesus) “I sanctify myself…”
- Wilderness experiences alone don’t purify… You must make the decision to change!
Stand STILL until God says MOVE – Joshua 3:8
- Eph. 6:13 “Wherefore take unto you the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.”
- Romans 8:25 “But if we have hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently.”
Take the first step by FAITH – Joshua 3:15
- James 2:17 “Faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.”
- Matt. 14:29 “Come,” He said. Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus.”
There’s a MIRACLE in the MIDDLE – Joshua 3:17
- Daniel 3:25 “… in the midst of the fire…”
- Mark 6:47 “… the boat was in the middle of the lake…”
- Acts 16:25 “About midnight, Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God…”
- Joshua 21:43 “And the LORD gave unto Israel all the land which He swore to give unto their fathers, and possessed it, and dwelt therein.”