- DISCOVER – RELATE – INSPIRE – PROVE
- 4 words that reflect the culture of our church and process of growing our Faith.
- PROVE (Def.) – to demonstrate the truth or existence of something [your faith] by evidence.
- II Timothy 4:5 “But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of your ministry.”
- James 1:22 “Be ye doers of the Word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.”
- The moment you take responsibility for someone other than yourself… you become a Leader.
Our Great Commission
- Mark 16:15 “Go ye into all the world and preach the Gospel (Good News).”
- Matthew 20:28 “The Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life as a ransom for many.”
- Acts 10:38 “How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing _ good and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with Him.”
- Romans 2:4 “…The goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance.”
Love God & Love People
- Matthew 22:36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law? (37) Jesus replied, Love the _ Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. (38) This is the first and greatest commandment. (39) And the second is like it: Love your neighbor as yourself. (40) All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”
- Luke 10:25 (Story of Good Samaritan) “Who is my neighbor?”
- Anybody GOD puts in my path (it’s a Test)
- Anybody I can show God’s love to.
- Anybody I can connect to God (through Prayer)
- Anyone with a NEED that I can MEET
- John 13:35 “By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.”
- I Peter 4:8 (NIV) “Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.”
The Sheep and Goats
- Matthew 25:31 “When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the angels with Him, He will sit on His throne in heavenly glory. (32) All the nations will be gathered before Him, and He will separate the _ people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats.”
- I was hungry… I was thirsty… I was a stranger… I was naked… I was sick… I was in prison…
- Matthew 25:40 “Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.”
- James 2:14 “What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save them? (15) Suppose a brother or a sister is with-out clothes and daily food. (16) If one of you says to them, ‘Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,’ but does nothing about their physical needs, what _ good is it? (17) In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.”