Faith: Complete trust and confidence in God
- Hebrews 11:6 “Without faith it is impossible to please God.”
- James 1:6 “But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. (7) For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.”
Mark 8:22-26 – Jesus touched a blind man’s eyes but he wasn’t healed… not right away.
3 Questions to Examine your Faith
1. Where do you live? – move out of the land of unbelief, don’t live there.
- Mark 8:23 “And he took the blind man by the hand, and led him out of the town…” (Bethsaida)
- Matthew 11:21 “Woe to you, Chorazin! Woe to you, Bethsaida! For if the miracles that were performed in you had been performed in Tyre & Sidon, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth & ashes.”
- Matthew 13:58 “And he (Jesus) did not do many miracles there (Nazareth) because of their lack of faith.”
- I Kings 19:9 “What are you doing here, Elijah?” (15) “Go back the way you came…”
- Nehemiah 6:2 “Sanballat and Geshem sent me this message: Come let us meet together in one of the villages on the plain of Ono. But they were scheming to harm me: (3) so I sent messengers to them with this reply: I am carrying on a great project and cannot go down.”
- Get out of the Valley of Ono
2. What do you see? – where is your FOCUS? On things or on people? Get eyes off of circumstances!
- Mark 8:23 “Do you see anything? (24) “I see men as trees, walking.”
- Jesus spit on the man’s eyes
- adjust the focus of (a lens or one’s eyes)
- focus (attention or resources) on something new or different.
- Exodus 3:4 (Moses) “When the LORD saw he had turned aside to SEE, God called him from the bush…”
- Hebrews 12:2 “Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith…”
- II Cor. 4:18 “So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.”
Will you Receive a 2nd Touch? – God wants you WHOLE, don’t settle for less, step-up your FAITH!
- Mark 8:25 “Once more Jesus put his hands on the man’s eyes.”
- Faith is Progressive
- We are being changed, little-by-little, drip-by-drip
- Martin Luther King, Jr. – “Faith is taking the first step, even when you can’t see the whole staircase.”
- II Cor. 3:18 “And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into His image with ever-increasing glory, which come from the Lord, who is the Spirit.”