Character & Personality of Last Day’s Church
- Forerunner Spirit – to prepare the Way of the Lord.
- Praying Spirit – a people of prayer.
- Confrontational Spirit – confronting the status quo.
- Passionately Relational Spirit – close to heart of God.
Elijah the Prophet
- I Kings 18 – Elijah defeats the Prophets of Baal
- Malachi 4:5 “Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD. (6) And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.”
John the Baptist – Forerunner to 1st Coming of Christ
- Luke 1:17 “And he will go on before the Lord, in the spirit and power of Elijah, to turn the hearts of the fathers to their children and the disobedient to the wisdom of the righteous – to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.”
- Matthew 11:12 “And from the days of John the Baptist… (13) For all the Prophets and the Law prophesied until John. (14) And if you are willing to accept it, he is the Elijah who was to come.”
- John 1:23 “I am the voice of one calling in the desert, ‘Make straight the way for the Lord.”
The Coming of the Lord – The 2nd Coming of Christ
- Matthew 24:37 “As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. (38) For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark; (39) and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man.”
- Genesis 6:5 “And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.”
- Genesis 6:8 “But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD. (9) This is the account of Noah. Noah was a righteous man, blameless among the people of his time, and he walked with God.”
- Genesis 6:22 “Noah did everything just as God commanded him.”
- Hebrews 11:7 “By faith Noah, when warned about things not yet seen, in holy fear built an ark to save his family. By his faith he condemned the world and became heir of the righteousness that comes by faith.”
- Proverbs 8:13 “The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride and arrogance, evil behavior and perverse speech, do I hate.”
Build Your Spiritual Ark
- Ephesians 2:10 “For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.”
- Bible is our blueprint – Holy Spirit is our compass
- Luke 4:18 “The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel (Good News) to the poor, he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised.”
- Mark 16:15 “He said to them, Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation. (20) And they went forth, and preached everywhere, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following.”