Character & Personality of Last Day’s Church
- Forerunner Spirit – to prepare the Way of the Lord.
- Praying Spirit – a people of prayer.
- Confrontational Spirit – confronting the status quo.
- Passionately Relational Spirit – close to heart of God.
Elijah the Prophet – I Kings 18 – Elijah defeats the Prophets of Baal
- Malachi 4:5 “Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD. (6) And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.”
- James 5:17 “Elijah was a man just like us. He prayed earnestly that it would not rain, and it did not rain on the land for three and a half years. (18) Again, he prayed, and the heavens gave rain, and the earth produced its crops.”
A People of Prayer – 3 Scriptural Keys – James 5:13-18
- Pray Submissively
- James 5:14 “Is any sick among you? Let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord.”
- Ability to Listen – Willingness to Obey
- II Chronicles 7:14 “If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face…”
- Isaiah 66:2 “This is the one I esteem: he who is humble and contrite in spirit, and trembles at my word.”
- James 4:6 “God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.”
- Pray Scripturally
- James 5:15 “And the prayer of faith shall save the sick…”
- Mark 11:24 “Whatsoever things ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.”
- Romans 4:17 “God, who quickeneth the dead, and calleth those things which be not as though they were.”
- Elijah declared rain and then went to pray
- P.U.S.H. – Pray Until Something Happens
- Pray Sincerely
- James 5:16 “Confess your faults one to another; and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.”
- Effectual (Gr – Energeo) – to put forth power, with Divine energy
- Elijah rebuilt the altar of God
- Elijah’s prayer to bring the people back to God
- I Kings 18:36 “O LORD, God of Abraham, Isaac and Israel, let it known today that you are God in Israel and that I am your servant and have done all these things at your command. (37) Answer me, O LORD, answer me, so these people will know that you, O LORD, are God, and that you are turning their hearts back again.”
II Chronicles 7:14 “If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.”