Character & Personality of Last Day’s Church
- Forerunner Spirit – to prepare the Way of the Lord.
- Praying Spirit – a people of prayer.
- Confrontational Spirit – confronting the status quo.
- Passionately Relational Spirit – close to heart of God.
Elijah the Prophet – I Kings 18 – Elijah defeats the Prophets of Baal
- Malachi 4:5 “Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD. (6) And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.”
- James 5:17 “Elijah was a man just like us. He prayed earnestly that it would not rain, and it did not rain on the land for three and a half years. (18) Again, he prayed, and the heavens gave rain, and the earth produced its crops.”
Confrontational Spirit (to the status quo)
- I Kings 18:21 “How long will you waver between two opinions?” (World vrs. God)
- Increased spiritual intensity brings increased warfare – when Truth is seen and heard, the enemy will try to stop you from making change and pursuing God.
- Matthew 11:12 “From the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and violent men take it by force.”
- I Samuel 17:29 (David) “Is there not a cause?” (a spiritual reason)
- Acts 4:13 “When they saw the boldness of Peter and John, they knew they had been with Jesus.”
What to Confront?
- Confront faithless Imaginations and Thoughts (battlefield of the mind)
- II Corinthians 10:4 “For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strongholds; (5) Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ.”
- Confront fears and the Enemy’s lies
- I John 4:18 “There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.”
- Your identity is in Christ – Don’t let negative experiences or images of yourself define you.
- Confront Judgement and Criticism (in our heart)
- Ephesians 4:15 “But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ.”
- Proverbs 27:17 “As iron sharpens iron, so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend.”
Weapons of our Warfare
- Confess the Word
- Luke 4:4 “And Jesus answered him saying, It is written…”
- Use the Name of Jesus
- Mark 16:17 “And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name they shall case out devils…”
- Reference the Blood of Jesus
- Revelation 12:11 “And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony…”