Open: The God quality we have, and can give, that is particularly activated in this season is COMPASSION.
Jesus Had Compassion
- Matthew 14:14 “And Jesus went forth, and saw a great multitude, and was moved with compassion toward them, and he healed their sick.”
- Mark 6:34 “And Jesus, when he came out, saw much people, and was moved with compassion toward them because they were as sheep not having a shepherd: and He began to teach them many things.”
- Compassion (def.) – Sympathetic consciousness of others’ distress together with a desire to alleviate it.
- Com – Granted power and authority to do
- Passion – A deeply stirring emotion, fervor, zeal, enthusiasm, that compels action.
When Jesus felt Compassion:
- He healed the sick – Matthew 14:14
- He healed the blind – Matthew 20:34
- He healed the leper – Mark 1:41
- He fed the multitudes – Matthew 15:32
- He taught the multitudes – Mark 6:34
- He cast out devils – Mark 5:19
- He raised a dead man – Luke 7:13
- Luke 10:33 “But a certain Samaritan, as he journeyed, came where he was; and when he saw him, he had compassion on him.”
Compassion Releases God’s Power
- John 3:16 “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten son…”
- Galatians 5:22-23 “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.”
- The Spirit of God in you gives you a greater capacity to LOVE.
- Matthew 23:11 “The greatest among you will be your servant.”
- Mark 10:45 “For the Son of Man did not come to be served but to serve and to give his life a ransom for many.”
- Luke 6:38 “Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye give with it shall be measured to you again.”
- John 20:21 “As the Father has sent me, I am sending you. (22) And with that He breathed on them and said, Receive the Holy Spirit. (23) If you forgive anyone his sins, they are forgiven; if you do not forgive them, they are not forgiven.”
Give the Gift of Compassion
- I Peter 3:8 “Finally, all of you, live in harmony with one another; be sympathetic, love as brothers, be compassionate and humble. (9) Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult, but with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing.”