Christmas reveals the Mystery of Salvation – Christ formed in us!
1. Anything that’s kept secret, remains unexplained (mysteries of nature)
5. Any truth that is unknowable except by divine revelation.
Colossians 1:26 “The mystery that has been kept hidden for ages and generations, but is now disclosed to the Lord’s people. (27) To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is… Christ in you, the hope of glory.”
- The hope of Glory: God’s nature and character being formed in us.
This Mystery is revealed through the Christmas Story:
How God became a Baby (The creator of the Universe entered humanity)
- Matthew 1:18 “This is how the birth of Jesus Christ came about: (20) Joseph son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit. (21) She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins.”
- Isaiah 7:14 “Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel.”
- Genesis 1:14 “And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night, and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years.”
How God announced His Arrival (To Wise Men and Shepherds)
- Matthew 2:2 “Where is he that is born King of the Jews? For we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him.”
- Gold – Gift normally given to a king
- Frankincense – Used only by priests in the temple
- Myrrh – Used for anointing and embalming
- Luke 2:8 “And there were in the same country shepherds in the field, keeping watch over their flock by (12) And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.”
How Christ can be born in our Hearts (The Miracle of Salvation)
- John 3:3 “Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.”
- Salvation is a Spiritual conception – God placing His Spirit in YOU
- John 12:24 “Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.”
- We die to our own will and ways, and get born-again of His Spirit
- Ephesians 2:8 “For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God.”