- Testimony (Def.) An open acknowledgment; a public profession of religious experience.
– Firsthand authentication of a fact: evidence.
Acts 1:8 “But ye shall receive power after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you…shall be witnesses…”
Acts 22:1-15 – Apostle Paul’s Testimony – was hit by the POWER of God!
1) What I used to be like. 2) How Christ came into my life. 3) The changes He has made in me.
Matt. 10:32 “Whosoever shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.”
Your Testimony – The most authentic sermon you can preach
- Demonstrates Power in Weakness
II Corinthians 4:6 (NIV) “For God, who said, Let light shine out of darkness, made His light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ. (7) But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us.
We are Troubled on every side, yet not distressed, Perplexed, but not in despair, Persecuted, but not forsaken, Cast down, but not destroyed; (10) Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body.”
- Is POWER to Overcome the devil
Rev. 12:11 “And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony: and they loved not their lives unto the death.” – We are overcomers!
- David – I Samuel 17:34-37
(37) The LORD who delivered me from the paw of the lion and the paw of the bear will deliver me from the hand of this Philistine.”
- Moses – Exodus 4:1-5
(2) “Then the LORD said to him, What is that in your hand? A staff, he replied.”
- Jehoshaphat – II Chron. 20:6-9 (7)“O our God, did you not drive out the inhabitants of this land before your people Israel and give it forever to the descendants of Abraham your friend?”
- Peter & John – Acts 4:13-20(20) “For we cannot help speaking about what we have seen and heard.”
- Is evidence of God’s work on earth
John 9:1-3 (NIV) “As He went along, He saw a man blind from birth. His disciples asked him, Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind? Neither this man nor his parents sinned, said Jesus, but this happened so that the work of God might be displayed in his life.”
Luke 21:13-15 “And it shall turn to you for a testimony. Settle it therefore in your hearts, not to meditate before what ye shall answer; For I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay nor resist.”
Matt. 5:14, 16 “Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.”
Isaiah 60:2 (NIV) “See, darkness covers the earth and thick darkness is over the peoples, but the LORD rises upon you and His glory appears over you. (3) Nations will come to your light and kings to the brightness of your dawn.”