Neutralize Stress with Perfect Peace
- Isaiah 26:3 “Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.”
- Matthew 11:28 “Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.”
- Four Principles: Identification, Organization, Meditation, Transformation
- Identification: Know who you are
- “I am the Light of the world” (John 8:12)
- “I am the door” (John 10:9)
- “I am the way, truth, and life” (John 14:6)
- “I am the good shepherd” (John 10:11)
- “I am God’s Son” (John 10:36)
- “I know who I am. I testify for myself.” (John 8:18)
Stress results from…
- Our hiding behind masks
- Living double lives
- Trying to be somebody we’re not
- Setting unrealistic standards & goals
- Caving in to criticism & competition
- Allowing ourselves to be pressured by other people’s demands.
Who does God say we are? This is the Gospel (Good News) of Jesus Christ!
- Ephesians 2:1 “And you hath He quickened (made alive), who were dead in trespasses and sins.”
- Ephesians 2:8 “For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: (9) Not of works, lest any man should boast. (10) For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.”
- Growth is the Key to our Faith – It’s a process, a journey.
- D.R.I.P. Growth Model – Discover (Salvation), Relate (Connection), Inspire (Holy Spirit), Prove (Leadership)
- Drip Technology (def.) – The application of scientific knowledge for practical purposes.
Grasshopper Mentality – Seeing ourselves as weak and vulnerable
- Numbers 13:33 “There we saw the giants, the sons of Anak, which come of the giants: and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight.”
- Numbers 14:24 “But because my servant Caleb has a different spirit and follows me wholeheartedly, I will bring him into the land he went to, and his descendants will inherit it.”
- I must keep my focus on pleasing GOD – I know whose I am, I am a child of God, He has a plan for my life!
Zacchaeus – A known sinner, but pursuing Christ
- Luke 19:8 “But Zacchaeus stood up and said to the Lord, Look, Lord! Here and now I give half of my possessions to the poor, and if I have cheated anybody out of anything, I will pay back four times the amount.”
- God sees you for who you can become, not for who you are!
- There’s power in knowing your Identity in Christ – I KNOW WHO I AM!