- Vision: The ability to see, imagine, or dream. Gives purpose and direction.
- Values: A Person’s principles or standards of behavior, one’s judgment of what is important in life.
I. Leadership – The capacity to influence others through inspiration, generated by a passion, ignited by a purpose.
- Inspiration (def): A divine influence on a person, believed to qualify him/her to receive & communicate sacred revelation.
- Matthew 6:33 “But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.”
- George Washington (1776) – “It is impossible to govern the world without God and the Bible.”
II. Our Christian Nation
- Declaration of Independence: “We hold these truths to be self-evident that all men are created equal; that they are endowed by their creator with certain unalienable rights: Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.”
- Coins: “LIBERTY- IN GOD WE TRUST”
- Songs: National Anthem (Vrs. 4) “…this Heav’n rescued land” “Our motto: In God is our trust!”
My Country, ‘Tis of Thee (Vrs. 4) “Protect us by Thy might, Great God our King.”
America The Beautiful “America, America, God shed His Grace on Thee…”
- Pledge: “One Nation, under God…”
- U.S. Capital Prayer Window: Psalm 16:1 “Preserve me, O God, for in Thee do I put my trust.”
- Washington Monument: “Praise be to God” (Latin – Laus Deo)
- Proverbs 14:34 “Righteousness exalts a nation, but sin is a disgrace to any people.”
- Proverbs 29:2 “When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; but when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn.”
III. Our Responsibility
- Exodus 18:21 “But select capable men… who fear God, trustworthy men, who hate dishonest gain….”
- Faith in God – Christian Ethics – Biblical Standards – Moral Convictions – Family Values Our religious freedoms are eroding, from founding fathers original Christian intentions, moral Absolutes, Biblical standards…
- Abraham Lincoln “America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedom, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.”
- Jeremiah 29:7 “Seek the peace and prosperity of the city to which I have carried you into exile. Pray to the LORD for it, because if it prospers, you too will prosper.”
- Psalm 33:12 “Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD…”
- II Chron. 7:14 “If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.”
There’s really only one solution and it’s not political. It is spiritual. America is in desperate need of revival. We must, as a nation, return to the Lord in repentance and genuine faith. There must be a revival or the best we can hope for is further oppression interrupted occasionally by bloody revolution. My hope and my prayer is changed hearts first and then changed leadership.