You Can Minister
By Pastor Phil Derstine (3/1/20)
Who’s Your ONE?
Matthew 28:19 “Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.”
- Christian – One who professes belief in the teachings of Jesus Christ.
- Disciple – One who accepts and assists in spreading the teachings of Jesus Christ
- Discipling – Process of turning a convert into a disciplined, trained, discipler of others.
Matthew 4:18-23 – Jesus calls his disciples
Luke 15 – Three lost things
- Luke 15:7 “I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent.”
You Can Minister
II Corinthians 3:5 “Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think anything as of ourselves: but our sufficiency is of God: (6) Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament: not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.”
- Galatians 5:22-23 – The 9 Fruit of the Spirit (Character of God)
- Love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance.
- Minister: to administer, to give service or aid
Matthew 10:1 (NIV) “He called his twelve disciples to him and gave them authority to drive out evil spirits and to heal every disease and sickness. (8) Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy, drive out demons. Freely you have received, freely give.”
Mark 16:15 “Go ye into all the world, and preach the Gospel [of the Kingdom] to every creature. (17)And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;(18) …they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.”
I Corinthians 2:4 (NIV) “My message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit’s power, (5) so that your faith might not rest on men’s wisdom, but on God’s power.”
- Acts 1:8 “But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.”
- Acts 10:38 “How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with Him.”
Acts 3:1-19 – Peter & John doing ministry
- At the time of prayer
- A man crippled from birth
- Peter said, “Look at us!”
- Taking him by the right hand
- Then he went with them into the temple
- All the people saw him
- By faith in the name of Jesus, he walks!
II Corinthians 5:20 (NIV) “We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making His appeal through us. We implore you on Christ’s behalf: Be reconciled to God.”